Customizable Shift Titles (Opportunities)

Posted 22 days ago by Ash Defrancis

Post a topic
Un Answered
A
Ash Defrancis

I would like to propose an enhancement to the "Custom Shifts" feature: the ability to add **Shift Titles** or **Shift Notes** alongside the current options. This addition would greatly improve how we manage volunteers and assignments within a single Opportunity.

Currently, we need to create separate Opportunities for different volunteer roles or item donations, even when they pertain to the same event. This can lead to confusion and extra work for both managers and volunteers. By adding Shift Titles or Notes, we could streamline the process and make it easier for volunteers to sign up for specific shifts and even sign up for multiple roles or donations in one place.

**For example:**

Opportunity: October Concession Stand  

(Using Custom Shifts)

- **Shift: Cashier**  

Date: 10/10  

Time: 2:30–6:30  

Spots: 3

- **Shift: Hot Foods Cook**  

Date: 10/10  

Time: 12:00–6:00  

Spots: 2

This feature would also allow site managers to manage item donations within the same Opportunity. Currently, volunteers have to go through several Opportunities to sign up for multiple donations. With Shift Titles or Notes, they could sign up for all items in one place.

**For example:**

Opportunity: Carnival Concessions Donations

- **Shift: 3 Cases of Water Bottles**  

Due: 10/10 by 5:00 PM  

Spots: 10

- **Shift: 4 12-Packs of Soda**  

Due: 10/10 by 5:00 PM  

Spots: 4

This feature would reduce the complexity for both organizers and volunteers, improving the user experience and efficiency for all parties involved. 

I believe this addition would be a game-changer for managing volunteer efforts, and I’m confident that many organizations would benefit from it.

Thank you for considering this request. If you have any questions or need further information, please let me know!

0 Votes

1 Comments

K

KJ Weaver posted 5 days ago Admin

Hey Ash,

I hope you're having a great day today!

I also really appreciate the time and effort you took in providing examples of what you'd like to see when accepting donations from volunteers. I've passed your request of titling shifts to our enhancement team to consider for future implementation.

Thank you so much,

KJ Weaver

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment